Thursday, April 14, 2005

I'm not dead yet...

Sorry for taking so long between posts. I've been buried in multiple book projects, and in what spare time I've had, I've been busy setting up all the components of a new home theater system. Given the choice of writing annoying blog entries or playing with the new home theater system, the choice was easy.

(BTW, if you're interested, you can follow the progress of the new home theater system in my Home Theater Diary entries in Informit's Digital Lifestyles weblog. It's an interesting project.)

One component of the new system is a Media Center PC with 800GB of hard disk storage. I'm using this beast to store my entire CD collection, digitally. So one of the chores I've been doing is ripping all of my 900 or so CDs to hard disk. (As of this morning, I'm past the Beatles and up to disc #125, Sympatico by Suzy Bogguss and Chet Atkins.) While it's somewhat boring to insert and remove this many CDs, it's fun to give a new listen to old music -- in some cases, CDs I haven't heard in a decade or more. Of course, that's one of the reasons to go to a digital music server like this; it'll provide more exposure for my entire collection.

Anyway, that's what I've been busy doing (plus the writing thing, of course), but I promise to get back to my usual rants and raves on a somewhat regular schedule. There are certainly more than enough things to complain about, these days.

No comments: